Monday, June 6, 2011

Day Nineteen - Sunday

SLEEEEEEEEEP...

Since pretty much none of us slept more than an hour and a half the night before, we were all zombies during breakfast. It was totally worth it, for all of the memories that we had made, but we were still completely wiped.

Once we had all gotten our breakfast, we schlepped our bags out to the bus and crashed in our seats. I'm pretty sure that the entire bus was fast asleep within a half hour, and stayed that way until our first rest stop two and a half hours later. For me, it was a series of two-hour-long naps and a bunch of headaches (when I don't sleep, I get incredibly bad headaches)... not much fun. On the plus side, we watched Despicable Me (which I had never seen, and totally found cute!) and chatted about various things.

Did I get any of my homework done? Of course not.

NEW HOUSE RULES & DINNER

Chelsea and I got back to the apartment and briefly recounted our experiences to Pepita, who was really excited to see us! We threw our bags on our beds and started to (reluctantly) unpack, and Chelsea asked me something that was like music to my ears – could we only speak Spanish to each other, to better our conversational skills?

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! There was totally a victory dance in there somewhere. No, I will not redo it to better explain it.

Over dinner, we discussed how we would do this: we have promised to speak only in Spanish to each other unless it is an emergency (like an injury) or we really cannot figure out the word (and there is no dictionary handy). We probably won't do this the entire time we're together, sometimes we might take a break and talk in English – but still, this should be great practice for us! I'm excited!

Man, even though I slept for most of the bus ride, I was still exhausted... time for bed... an hour earlier than usual... what can I say? I party hard, bay-beh.

No comments:

Post a Comment